Happy New Year, welcome to 2018.
I was lucky enough in 2017 to eat at a variety of fantastic London restaurants, which I will list below. Additionally I have also included my YouTube video detailing my top five of the lot.
- Roux at the Landau: Gourmet French cuisine – 1C Portland Pl, Marylebone, London W1B 1JA
Starter – Chicken Gyoza, Main – Pigeon, Dessert – unmemorable.
- Berners Tavern: Modern British cuisine – 10 Berners St, Fitzrovia, London W1T 3NP
Starter – Prawn Cocktail and Lobster Jelly, Main – Roasted Dover Sole, Dessert – Chocolate and Hazelnut Flaming Alaska.
Always fantastic. The spectacle of the preparation of the Flaming Alaska Dessert is only outweighed by its tastiness.
- Petrus: Modern French cuisine – 1 Kinnerton St, Belgravia, London SW1X 8EA
Starter – Curried Scallop, Main – Fillet of Brixham Turbot, Dessert – Dark Chocolate Palet D’Or Banana, Peanut Ice-cream.
Amazing!!! No other words necessary.
- Galvin LaChapelle: Gourmet French cuisine – 35 Spital Square, London E1 6DY
Main – Roast chateaubriand of Cumbrian beef, Dessert – Strawberry and Raspberry Parfait.
Tasty delicious food.
- Treadwells: British cuisine – 4A Upper St Martin’s Ln, London WC2H 9NY
Starter – Scallops, Main – Monkfish, Dessert (1) Salted Caramel Praline and (2) Salted Caramel Ice-cream.
The desserts are the stars here, so moreish.
- Sexy Fish: Asian seafood and sushi cuisine – Berkeley Square House, Berkeley Square W1J 6BR
Meal – Sashimi, Sticky Pork Ribs, Maki Rolls, Prawn Tempura, Soft-shell Crab, Dessert – Malted Milk Ice-cream
The freshest and tastiest sushi, delicious tempura and great ambience.
- Sticks and Sushi: Asian and sushi cuisine, produces delicious grilled yakitori sticks and sushi – Convent Garden, Wimbledon, Canary Wharf.
Meal – Ebi Bites, Hotate Kataifi, New York Subway Maki, Ebi Panko, Dessert – not very impressive.
Consistent quality, menu changes sometimes which means I have to always find a new favourite. Great food.
- Bob Bob Ricard: Russian-inspired Modern British cuisine – 1 Upper James St, Soho, London W1F 9DF
Starter – Lobster, Crab and Shrimp Pelmeni, Main – Lobster Macaroni and Cheese, Dessert – Strawberry and Cream Soufflé.
- Good Earth: Chinese cuisine – 233 Brompton Rd, Chelsea, London SW3 2EP
Starter – Soft Shell Crab, Satay Chicken on Skewers, Main – Sweet and Sour Pork, Dry Shredded Beef, Yeung-Chow Fried Rice.
Another consistent restaurant with wonderful food.
- Helene Darroze at the Connaught: French cuisine – Carlos Place, Mayfair, London W1K 2AL
5 Courses: Starter – 1st – Crab Ravioli, 2nd – Mussels, 3rd – Scallop, 4th – Venison, Dessert – Chocolate.
- Shikumen: Chinese Cuisine – Aldgate, Shepherd’s Bush, Mill Hill, Ealing.
Meal – Dim Sum (Scallop Shui Mai, Prawn Shui Mai with Pork, Sticky Rice in Lotus Leaf, Char Siew Bun, Baked Venison Puff, Pan-Fried Turnip Cake) Main – Stir -fried Pork Belly with Bitter Melon, Braised Pork Belly with Chinese Buns, Fried Rice with Tobiko, Prawn and Scallop in XO Sauce.
A fantastic feast for the family, substantial portions and delicious food.
- Daphne’s: Italian Cuisine – 112 Draycott Ave, Chelsea, London SW3 3AE
Main – Calamarata Pasta with Lobster, Dessert – Amedei Dark Chocolate Tart with Salted Caramel & Mascarpone
Exceptional food, if the focus was solely on the high-end restaurants this will have definitely made the top 5. The food and service is phenomenal.